Applications are now open for the 2024 Global Korea Scholarship! The scholarships are available for the academic year 2024. The Korean government funds these scholarships. It welcomes students from every country. The GKS scholarship is not available for Korean students. So, if you want to apply, then read more details below.
GKS (Global Korea Scholarships) are designed to facilitate international students to study in any degree program in South Korea. Now, applicants are invited for the undergraduate degree programs, and you can also apply for masters and Ph.D. programs later in 2024. It is a great opportunity to apply through GKS and study in any of the designated leading universities in South Korea.
Moreover, there are a total of 262 scholarships available. 86 of these scholarships are reserved for embassy track students, while 176 are reserved for University track students. You can apply for the GKS scholarship without the IELTS requirement.
So, if you need a fully funded scholarship opportunity, then apply for GKS (Global Korea Scholarship) today and get a chance to study in leading institutes in Korea. For further details, please read the whole article and the application process.
2024 Global Korea Scholarship Details
- Country: South Korea
- Host: Global Korea Scholarship (GKS)/Government of Korea
- Degree level: Undergraduate
- Type: Fully Funded
- Deadline: varies
Also, Check British Chevening Scholarships 2024
Also, Check Qatar University Scholarships 2024
GKS Korean Government Scholarship Benefits
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs Korea and the government of Korea offer fully funded Undergraduate scholarships to international students and also provide the following benefits;
- Full tuition fee coverage
- Return air tickets
- Monthly allowance
- Settlement allowance
- Korean language training fee for up to 1 year
- Thesis reimbursement
- Medical allowance
- Korean Proficiency grants
- Degree completion grants
- And many more opportunities to explore South Korea.
To be eligible for the GKS Korean government Undergraduate scholarships, you must read the following criteria;
- You can apply from any country.
- You are not eligible to apply if you are a Korean citizen.
- You must not hold a bachelor’s degree previously.
- You can apply to a bachelor’s degree program with an associate degree.
- You must have obtained CGPA 2.64/4, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, or 3.23/5.0
- You must have 80 or above percentile.
- You must be below 25 years old.
- You must be in good health.
- You must not have any criminal records.
- Application form.
- Personal statement
- Study plan
- Letter of recommendation.
- GKS applicant agreement.
- Personal medical assessment.
- Graduation certificates
- Academic transcripts
- Proof of parents’ citizenship
- Overseas Korean Documentation proof (if any).
- Korean Citizenship Renunciation Documentation proof (if any.)
- Korean War Veteran’s Descendant proof (if any).
- Valid English proficiency or TOPIK certificate from a previous institute.
- Awards and other certificates.
- Copy of Passport.
How to Apply?
To apply for the Korean government GKS undergraduate scholarships, please follow the given few steps;
- Visit the official website.
- Read the requirements.
- Apply either through the embassy track.
- Or university track.
- Provide all documents.
- And submit your applications accordingly.
Official website: GKS Korean Government Undergraduate scholarships 2024
What is the embassy track?
Applying for the GKS Korean government Undergraduate scholarships through the Korean embassy is the embassy track. You can apply to any Korean embassy in your home country.
What is a University track?
Applying for GKS Korean government Undergraduate scholarships directly through Korean universities is a University track.
For more details, click here.
What is the deadline for GKS Korean government Undergraduate scholarships?
The deadline for the scholarship varies with the country.
So, if you want to study in South Korea, apply through GKS (Global Korea Scholarship) and study for free. You can apply for undergraduate degree programs at any of the designated leading universities in Korea. Good luck!