Austria Work Visa and Permit Process 2023: Today is your chance to apply for a Work Visa in Austria. AUSTRIA is considered one of the most economically developed countries. It has now announced Jobs for all the interested candidates looking for work in the upcoming year. Austria provides many benefits with high salaries, which attracts many foreigners to work in Austria.
But before applying, you must need a work visa permit to work in Austria. However, citizens from EEA/EU countries can stay in Austria only for 90 days without a work visa permit. There are different work visa types according to the duration of the work and employment. The Red-White-Red card is the most common type of work visa.
In this article, I will explain every detail of the Austria Work Visa permit 2023; candidates looking for job opportunities in Austria are encouraged to go through this post, read all the details, and apply for a work permit in Austria. To learn more about the Austria Work Visa and Permit Process, check the information below.
Do you want to know about the Germany Work Visa process? If Yes! Check the details here: Germany Work Visa Process 2023 | Application Procedure (Explained)
Austria Work Visa and Permit Process 2023 Details
- Country: Austria
- Eligible Countries: International Candidates
- Post Type: Work Visa Process
Also, Check Canadian Work Visa Application Process 2023 | (Explained)
Also, Check Government Jobs in Canada 2023
Red-White-Red Card Work Visa Permit
This is a type of VisaVisa which allows visa holders to stay for up to 2 years in Austria. This work visa is only issued to individuals who are highly skilled and professional; not everyone can acquire this VisaVisa. The eligibility criteria for this permit is to earn points within the category of language skills, age, work experience, and professional achievements are all scored accordingly.
Following are the categories included in the Red-White-Red card; if you fall into anyone, you can have a work visa permit from Austria.
- Highly skilled workers in a Shortage occupation.
- Highly qualified workers.
- Graduates of colleges.
- Graduates of higher education and universities.
- Other key workers.
This work permit is issued as a card with a picture on it. So, it would help if you keep it, in case you need to show your identity to someone.
Austria Work Visa Requirements.
Every work visa has some requirements, but in addition to these, you will require the following documents;
- Statement of the Employer – you will be stated by your employer according to the Act Governing Employment of Foreign Nationals (AusIBG).
- Proof of Professional Qualifications – these include employment verification and references.
- Research Activities – you will need to submit a research proposal you worked on at your University.
- Evidence of Language Skills – you will need to submit proof of English or German language skills with an internationally verified diploma.
- Patent Registration – A patent registration.
- Proof of Last year’s Annual Gross Salary – these documents include tax statements.
- Evidence of your Previous Position – you will need to submit your Previous designation proof.
- Evidence of your previous company’s status.
- Evidence that you studied in Austria.
- Proof the Habilitation.
- Employment contract – you need to show your current employment contract that offers your annual salary.
How to Apply for Austria Work Visa permit 2023?
You will first need a job if you want a work visa permit.
Step 1: Secure a job in Austria.
To acquire a work visa permit, you will first need a job; you need proof of a job to be given a Red-White-Red card.
Step 2: Apply for the Work Permit.
After securing a job, you can apply for a work permit in Austria. This will be your employer’s responsibility to ask for a license from the resident authority or representative authority.
Step 3: Apply for a Work Visa.
The work permit of Austria will only allow you to work in Austria, but you will only be allowed to enter Austria once you get a D visa. You must apply for a D visa to enter Austria.
This VisaVisa will expire once you enter Austria and get a Red-White-Red card.
Note: you will only have three days to register with the registration office once you enter Austria.
STEP 4 – Travel to Austria.
After acquiring your work visa, you can travel freely to Austria.
Where to Apply for Austria Work Visa permit 2023?
- Apply at a local consulate or embassy for a national D visa.
- The processing time takes up to 8 weeks to get a work visa in Austria.
Validity of Work Visa.
- The work visa in Austria lasts for two years.
Extension of Work visa.
- You can apply for your work visa Extension once it’s close to the expiry date. The next card will let you stay for three years. You must apply for an extension before three months before the expiry date.
Can you switch employers with the same work visa from Austria?
- No, you can’t switch employers. You will need a new work visa for another employer or job.
Can you bring your family members with a work visa?
- Yes, You can bring your family members. Family members will also need to apply for a Red-White-Red card to stay for two years in Austria.
Cost of Work Visa Permit.
- The total cost of a work visa permit is €160.
- You will pay €120 when you apply.
- Additional €20 when you receive a receipt and €20 for police identification data.
So today, the post was about the Austria Work Visa and Permit Process; candidates looking for Austrian jobs must go through this post, read all the details regarding the work visa permit, and apply. The position is helpful for those who are planning to move to Austria.
For more updates regarding the different programs, follow us on:
Join Our: Facebook Page, Twitter, and Instagram; Join Facebook Group & Telegram Group