Applications are now invited for Biozentrum PhD Fellowships 2024 for all international candidates. It is your chance to study in Switzerland at the leading University of Basel. Students related to the field of biosciences are welcome to apply for this scholarship and conduct a research program in any area of interest. This program allows all young, enthusiastic, and potential students to join anywhere globally.
The Biozentrum is a Molecular Life Sciences center at the University of Basel, Switzerland. Every year, 10 of the talented and deeply interested students are selected to participate in this fellowship and obtain a Ph.D. degree. These Fellowships are sponsored by the Werner Siemens Foundation. Students have a choice to choose their research group through a process of rotation. Students will receive full assistance attending meetings and scientific courses during their PhD program.
Moreover, students have the opportunity to access various benefits that will help them enhance and nurture their careers as a scholar. The duration of the Biozentrum PhD Fellowship is 3 years and 3 months. So, if you are interested in this program, know more about it by reading the complete article.
Biozentrum PhD Fellowships 2024 Details
- Country: Switzerland
- Host Institute: University of Basel
- Sponsor: Werner Siemens Foundation
- Degree level: PhD
- Deadline: 25th October 2023.
Biozentrum Fellowship Benefits
The Biozentrum PhD Fellowships are of great benefit for outstanding students who wish to conduct research in the life sciences, for instance,
- Fellows will get an annual stipend for books, computers, and conferences
- Fellows will get a chance to receive an educational trip to Siemens-affiliated City
- Fellows will become alumni members of the Biozentrum Fellowships
- Fellows will get a chance to study under the mentorship of great faculty at the University of Basel
- Fellows will also receive travel expenses after completing a Ph.D. thesis
- Fellows will get access to laboratories
To be eligible for the Biozentrum PhD Fellowship program, you can check the following criteria;
- You can apply from across the globe.
- You must be interested in the field of Life Sciences.
- You must have an academic background in the areas of chemistry, mathematics, physics, Biomedical, and biological sciences.
- You must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent.
- You must not be a current student of the University of Basel.
- You must conduct your research in two labs according to the rotation system.
- Diploma or MSc degree certificates (electronic copy), including transcripts with grades (PDF format).
- CV/Scientific resume (one page, in PDF format.)
- Contact details for two referees from previous academic backgrounds, typically faculty members. (These referees will be contacted automatically and requested to provide reference letters on candidates’ behalf.)
How to Apply?
To apply for the fellowship at the University of Basel, you can follow the given steps below;
- Visit the website.
- Select a research group.
- Read the eligibility and requirements.
- Provide the required documents.
- And submit the application form.
Official website: Biozentrum Fellowships 2024
What is the announcement date for selected students?
The results of the selected students will be announced by 9th February 2024.
What is the date for the shortlisted students?
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by November 2023. These candidates may further be called upon an interview.
So, if you want to conduct research and hold a PhD degree in Switzerland, then apply for the University of Basel Biozentrum PhD Fellowships program and get a chance to study in the field of Life Sciences. Good luck!