Canada Temporary Foreign Worker Visa 2023 – You must have gone through other visa processes mentioned on our website. Still, this visa is for temporary foreign workers who want to travel to Canada to find some work. Thousands of people are attracted to move to Canada because of way too many facilities and better life availabilities. But they can’t do so due to little knowledge about the process.
We want to clear the procedure for you. Therefore, this post will tell you all the related details. Foremost, you will need a visa for any intentions of your travel; after that, you will need a permit to move to the country. These two documents/passes/visas are given and applied for at the same time.
Now, on what basis can you have the visa and permit? The answer is simple, you can get a visa based on moving to Canada and stating your reason for travel, it could be any work purpose or other legal actions, and after you get a visa, you can apply for a permit through the temporary visa or permanent or immigrant visas.
This article will focus on explaining the Canada Temporary Foreign Worker Visas. So, please keep reading.
Canada Temporary Foreign Worker Visa 2023 Details
- Host Country: Canada
- Category: Temporary Foreign Worker Visa
- Eligible Countries: International Applicants
Also, Check UK Seasonal Work Visa Process 2023
Also, Check Hungary Work Visa Process 2023
What is Canada Temporary Foreign Worker Visa 2023?
A temporary work visa is a merger of a Temporary Resident Visa and a work permit which is issued at the same time. The TRV allows you to stay for up to 6 months in Canada while using your work permit, which permits you to work in Canada during that period. This visa is issued to those workers who have been offered a job by an employer in Canada and have already obtained an LMIA document from the government.
After the validity date, this temporary visa expires, and you are bound to leave the country. Still, you can also apply for an extension if you want to continue working in Canada. You must apply a few weeks before the expiry date. The maximum you can extend or stay in Canada is four years. After that, you can go for other procedures like applying for permanent residency, etc.
Canada work permit Exemption?
The following groups of visitors are exempted from Canadian work permits, that includes;
- Athletes and their team members
- Aviation accident Inspectors
- Business visitors
- Civil aviation Inspectors
- Expert witnesses and investigators
- Emergency service providers
- Evaluators and examiners
- Foreign Government Workers
- Foreign Government Representatives and their family members
- Health care students
- Judges, referees, or similar workers
- Military personnel
- Performing artists
- Researchers who are working for 120 days only
- Students who are working on campus
Who is allowed to get a Temporary work visa?
Those candidates who are involved in the following activities will be given a Canadian temporary work visa;
- Applicants must intend to be employed in Canada with a salary package.
- Applicants must work in a Canadian-registered company and get a salary from a Canadian company.
- The applicant’s primary must be Canada.
- All applicants must receive their salaries deposited in Canadian banks.
Canada Temporary Foreign Worker Visa Requirements
You can only apply under the following criteria; all applicants must fulfill the requirements before applying, such;
- All applicants must prove they will leave the country soon after their visa expires.
- All applicants must respect the rules and conditions of the work permit. You must work for a specific employer if a work permit is employer-specified, and you can work openly if you have an open work permit in Canada.
- All applicants must prove they will not work for any employer or company involved in illegal activities.
Canada Temporary Foreign Worker Visa Application Process
Go along with the following steps needed to acquire a work permit or Canadian visa including;
- Candidates must have a job offer.
- There is also a way to get a job by first moving to Canada and then looking for it; for this purpose, you apply for other types of visas.
- You can also apply for Working Holiday Visa, which will help you get your visa quickly compared to other visa types.
- If you have a job offer, your employer will get an LMIA document on your behalf of you, and after that, you can apply for a work permit.
- You can apply online through the Government of Canada’s official website or application to the consulate in person.
- After application submission, you will get an interview call. Attend the interview and submit all supporting documents and wait for the response.
Application Forms/Supporting Documents:
Submit these while applying for a Canadian work visa;
- IMM 1295
- Schedule-1 application for a Temporary Resident visa
- IMM 5645 (family information form)
- IMM 5476 (use of representative form)
- IMM 5475 (authority of releasing personal information to designated individual)
- Photocopy of passport and all its pages
- A valid passport
- Two photographs
- Proof of current immigration status (either you live in the same country as you are a citizen of)
- Photocopy of marriage certificate
- Photocopy of children’s birth certificate
- Clean police records Certificates.
- Proof of enough financial funds
- Education diplomas and certificates.
- Job offer from an employer in Canada
- The LMIA document
- Complete medical examination
Validity of Canada Temporary Foreign Worker Visa
The temporary foreign worker’s visa is valid for up to 6 months or less. You can further apply for its extension, allowing you to stay for 4 years.
Canada Temporary Foreign Worker Visa Cost
You will have to pay the following amount of visa fee;
- Work permit Fee – $155
- Open Work Permit fee – $100
You will pay the application fee every time you apply for an extension.
Can you bring your family members on work visas?
If you have a work permit, you can take your family members with you. You must add their documents to the application while applying for a visa. The following family members are eligible to travel to Canada with you;
- Common law partner
- Minor children
Related Post: Denmark Work Visa Process 2023 | Application Requirements
Follow us on our Twitter, Facebook Page, Instagram, & Telegram Group.
Today the post is for candidates who are looking for a Temporary Foreign Work Visa for Canada. In today’s post, we have discussed all the details & requirements regarding this work visa; we encourage all candidates to go through this and apply.