Canadian Open Work Permit 2023 –Today’s post will explain how you can work in Canada without a job offer and still get your hands on a work permit. Every international candidate requires a visa to visit any other country, so if you plan to work abroad, you will need a Work permit, a combination of a visa and a permit. Mostly, people get a job offer and apply for a work visa, and they are bound to work for the particular firm from which they got a job offer. But this post will explain how you can acquire a Canadian Open Work Permit in 2023.
An open work permit will allow you to work for any firm or employer, and you can find any suitable job. Unlike any other permit, this permit will allow you to switch between your employers. It is easily available to international candidates and is the most in-demand work permit.
Every other person wants to move to Canada because of the number of opportunities it provides for its national and international candidates. Suppose you also want to travel to Canada and need a work permit. In that case, you must read this post because we will explain the application process, benefits, requirements, and types of Canadian Open Work Permits.
What is Canadian Open Work Permit?
The permit allows you to enter Canada and work for any employer or company of your choice and suitability. You can also switch between your employers while validating your work permit. Usually, the validity of the Canadian Open Work Permit is 6 months.
The Canadian Open Work Permit exempts you from providing the following data;
- Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) document.
- You are also not required to show any proof of fee submission of the employer Compliance.
- You are also exempted from presenting your employer’s evidence of a contract letter.
Also, Check Canada Work Permit without LMIA 2023
Also, Check Canada Working Holiday Visa Process 2023
Canadian Open Work Permit 2023 Types
There are following three types of Canadian Open Work Permits. The availability of any kind depends on the Consulate’s decision. You may get a free or restricted Permit as per your compatibility. These include;
- UNRESTRICTED WORK PERMIT – this open work permit allows international candidates to change their employer, occupation, and job location according to their satisfaction within the time limit of visa validity.
- RESTRICTED WORK PERMIT – this type of Open Work permit allows international candidates to change their employer but are not allowed to change their occupation.
- RESTRICTED WORK PERMIT BY LOCATION – this type of work permit allows international candidates to change their employer but are not allowed to change the location of the work.
Canada’s Open Work Permit Criteria
You are eligible to apply for Canadian Open Work Permit only under the following circumstances;
- If you hold a temporary Resident permit in Canada.
- If you recently graduated from a Canadian institute and require employment, you can apply for a post-graduation work permit.
- If you are a student and you need financial support.
- If you have applied for permanent residence in Canada.
- If you are a family member of a person who has already applied for permanent residence in Canada.
- If you are a spouse or a common-law partner of a Skilled worker or international student.
- If you are a young worker in special programs.
Canada Open Work Permit Requirements
The following requirements should be met before applying for a Canadian Open Work Permit;
- Candidates must be in good health.
- Candidates must show proof that they will leave the country after the expiry of the work permit.
- Candidates must present proof of enough financial resources that will be enough to support themselves and their family members and will also enough to fund their travel back home.
- Candidates must show clean criminal records.
- Candidates must prove that they are not a liability to Canadian security.
- Candidates must abide by all the rules of the work permit issued by the Consulate.
- Candidates must prove they will not work for employers involved in illegal activities or forbidden acts.
Who can extend the Canada Open Work Permit?
If you fulfill the following requirements, then you can extend the Canadian Open Work Permit;
- If you hold a Canadian study permit, that will soon expire.
- If you hold a degree from a Canadian University/institute.
- If you are a temporary Resident of Canada.
- If you are waiting for your application for refugee status.
- And you can also apply for your extension in Open Work Permit if your application for refugee status is declined and you cannot leave the country due to uncontrollable circumstances.
How to Apply?
If you are interested in applying for Canada Open Work Permit, then follow the steps given below;
- Look for any job in Canada. After getting a job offer, you can apply for a work permit.
- After acquiring a job offer, contact your country’s Consulate and apply for an Open Work permit.
- Submit all required documents as a hard copy to any nearby embassy or through an online application.
- Wait for processing, and attend the interview call.
- You may also need to complete the medical examination.
- A photocopy of a valid passport and all its pages
- A passport must have a validity of at least six months.
- A job offer
- Two photographs
- Proof of current immigration status
- Police records Certificates
- Educational certificates
- Copy of marriage certificate (if Available)
- Copy of children’s birth certificate (if available)
- Certificate d’acceptation du Québec (if working in Québec)
- You may be asked for any additional documents by your Consulate or embassy.
Canada Open Work Permit Processing time
The processing time for a Canadian open work permit may take up to three-twenty seven weeks. It also depends on the country.
Related Post: Dubai Work Visa Process 2023
Cost of Canada’s Open Work Permit
- Application Fee – CAD 155
- Open Work permit fee – CAD 100
For more details regarding the Canada Open Work permit, you can check the further in the link below:
In this post, we mentioned all the Requirements & Application processes regarding the Canada Open Work Permit. We encourage all candidates planning for Canada to review this post and check the details we have provided here.