China Work Visa Process 2023 – If you wish to travel to China and find some work for yourself, there are a few things you must know before traveling, such as; getting your hands on a work visa. There might be any reason for your traveling, but you still need a visa in order to enter the country. So, if you want to relocate and work in China, you must choose the right visa type for your plans.
In this article, we will mention and explain all the requirements of a work visa for China. Foreigners will need a Z or a China work visa for work purposes. To know more about the application process for a China work visa, please continue reading and reading all the related questions so you can get answers to all your confusions.
China Work Visa Process 2023 Details
- Country: China
- Eligible Countries: International Applicants
- Category: China Work Visa
Also, Check Dubai Work Visa Process 2023
Also, Check Portugal Work Visa Process 2023
What is China Work Visa?
A work visa for China is a visa that allows foreigners to move and travel to China to do some work or undertake commercial activities. A work visa for China is also called a Z visa.
Who is Eligible for a China Work Visa?
All those candidates who got a job offer or have a work permit in China are eligible to apply for a work visa and enter the country. All applicants must be 18 to 60 years old and also fulfill the following criteria;
- All candidates must be in good health.
- All candidates must have a clear criminal record.
- All candidates must have a valid job offer in China.
- All candidates must have valid travel documents.
- All candidates must have relevant skills and experience for the specific position.
China Work Visa Requirements
To apply for a China work visa, all of you will require the following documents;
- A passport with at least one year of validity.
- A typewritten completed application form.
- Passport size photographs
- TEFL/TESOL certificate authorized by the Chinese embassy or consulate (applicable only for teaching positions).
- All candidates are requested to have a registration Certificate from foreign countries for the Resident Representative Offices of Enterprises. Chinese authorities of industrial and commercial administration will issue the certificate.
- The Chinese government authorities for Cultural Affairs will issue the approval document for commercial performance, so you must keep that document with you.
- You must also present a medical examination report from an authorized hospital.
- Reference letter.
- Clean criminal records.
All candidates must also obtain a Foreigners Work Permit notification letter. You will receive a letter of PRC from the Ministry of Human Resources & Social Security. You can get the notification letter if your employer submits the following documents to the labor bureau:
- Diploma or degree (legalized and authenticated).
- Evidence of at least two years of work experience in the relevant field.
- Application form for a work permit.
- Employment history verification.
- Verified educational and professional certificates.
- Job contract copy.
- Records of Physical examination.
- You must also inform the authorities if you have any accompanying members.
Classification of China Work Permit 2023.
The qualifications and skills of foreign candidates will determine which category is suitable for your employment plans, such as;
Class A: High-Level Experts – those candidates who have;
- Won an international award.
- Are well-established entrepreneurs.
- Were chosen under the Youth Talent Project.
- Have been identified by China’s talent plan.
- Have taken a scarce, government-encouraged job.
Class B: Professionals – those candidates who;
- Who holds a bachelor’s degree.
- Who have at least two years of working experience.
- Who has a master’s degree from a mainland China university.
- Who has a master’s degree from one of the top 100 universities in the world.
- Foreign language teachers must have a bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of work experience. In addition, you must be a native speaker of the language you are teaching.
Class C: Lower-Skilled Workers – are those candidates who;
- Travel to China for seasonal employment.
- Travel to China for an internship under a government agreement.
- Are domestic helpers of Class A employees.
You can also qualify through the following points system;
- Class A: 86 points and above.
- Class B: 60 to 85 points.
- Class C: 59 points and below:
How Long Can Foreigners Stay in China with a Work Visa?
Foreigners are allowed to stay for up to 30 days. After that, you must apply for a temporary residence permit that will be valid for the duration of your job contract, which is 90 days and a maximum of 5 years.
China Work Visa Processing time
The processing time is about four working days for a China work visa application.
China Work Visa Application Process
The China Work visa application process is simple and comprises the following few steps:
- SECURE A JOB IN CHINA – all foreigners will first need to have a job offer in China, and their employer will then further apply for a Foreigner’s Work Permit notification letter. Your employer will submit the required documents to the local Labor Bureau. It will take 3 to 4 weeks to obtain a notification letter. This letter indicates whether you are eligible to work in China.
- GATHER THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS – After acquiring the notification letter, collect all the other required and necessary documents to apply for the China work visa.
- APPLY FOR A CHINA WORK VISA – foreigners must apply for a work visa at any local visa office, consulate/Chinese embassy.
- COMPLETE THE PAYMENT – To get your visa; foreigners must also pay the application fees. The cost of the fee varies and depends on your country and the number of entries you wish to have.
- RECEIVE THE VISA – the next step is to wait for evaluation and decision on your visa application. It takes approximately four working days to process a work visa.
- TRAVEL TO CHINA – after the successful application process now, you are ready to take your trip to China when your visa application is accepted.
- REGISTER WITH THE POLICE – you will need to make a temporary registration with the police near your residence within the first 24 hours of your arrival in China. However, if your stay is in any hotel, then they will make the registration themselves.
- OBTAIN A MEDICAL CERTIFICATION – you will need to be done with the medical verification as soon as possible after you enter China. However, if you already have a translated medical checkup from another country in a fully completed form, then you are not required to get another medical checkup.
- OBTAIN A WORK PERMIT – after processing, your notification letter will turn in a work permit, and you are all set to apply for a work visa. For which you will submit all the documents.
- MINISTRY OF HUMAN RESOURCES & SOCIAL SECURITY – it takes five working days for a work permit to be processed.
- APPLY FOR A RESIDENCE PERMIT – after acquiring a work permit, visit the Public Security Bureau Exit and Entry Administration within 30 days of arrival in China and apply for a residence permit. The application will be issued within 15 working days. The validity of the residence permit is one year.
China Work Visa Cost?
The fees depend on your country and nationality. Some of the countries and their fees for China work visa is given below;
- UK – ¥860USA – ¥1,006.69Canada – ¥558
- Australia – ¥508
- Third country – ¥238.41
Related Post: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program 2023
Foreigners are not allowed to work in China during their study programs or any part of internship programs.
Moreover, employers are not allowed to train employees in language training.
Can I bring Family Members to China with a Work Visa?
Yes, your family members will need to apply for an S visa (China private visa). And you will also need to show an invitation letter for a work visa that belongs to any of your relatives as well as evidence of a relationship.
In this post, we have mentioned all the required information regarding the Chinese Work Visa for international applicants. All candidates who are looking for a China work visa should not miss out on reading this post.