Denmark Work Visa Process 2023 – Many People think of moving to Europe to help themselves find a better career and future. Due to the unavailability and shortening of facilities in underdeveloped countries, foreigners try to move somewhere where they will find peace, hygiene, happiness, facilities, and lasting quality of life.
If you are one of those people, you might have thought of moving to Denmark. To do so, you must acquire a study or a work visa. To make it clear to you, we have brought a complete guide on obtaining a work visa to work there because, as you know, every other country has rules that must be followed. Otherwise, they don’t let outsiders enter their country without authorization or proper check.
In this post, we will answer some of your common questions and discuss types as well as application process and cost etc. So, to know about the details, please keep reading the post.
Denmark Work Visa Process 2023 Details
- Country: Denmark
- Category: Denmark Work Visa
- Eligible Countries: International Applicants
Also, Check: German Work Permit Types 2023
Also, Check: Switzerland Work Visa Process 2023
Who needs a Denmark Work Visa?
Every other foreigner who doesn’t belong to EU/EEA/Swiss countries is requested to acquire a work visa or any visa before entering the country. People from European Union, European Economic Area, and Switzerland are allowed to enter the country worth a work visa. But they must register with the SIRI (Danish agency for international recruitment and integration). Upon arrival, candidates must visit the SIRI branches in person and submit the following documents;
- National ID/passport
- Passport size photographs
- A complete application form
- Documents of employment plans in Denmark (like contact from the employer)
Schemes of Denmark Work Visa:
The schemes for Denmark Work Visa are available on the website of SIRI; you may choose from any of the following which suits best for you needs;
- THE PAY LIMIT SCHEME – It applies to those who earn a higher income of 448,000 DKK per year (€60,180).
- THE POSITIVE LIST applies to candidates who have been offered a job for professions that are short of qualified individuals in Denmark.
- FAST TRACK SCHEME – it is for those who get a job offer from Denmark through a recruitment agency, I.e. SIRI.
- TRAINEE – for those individuals who have an offer from Denmark to work for a short period of time as a trainee.
- HERDSMEN AND FARM MANAGERS – it is for those who get a job offer in the agriculture sector as a farm manager or herdsmen.
- SIDELINE EMPLOYMENT- This applies to candidates who already have a residence permit and employer-specific job but want to find more work as sideline employment.
- EMPLOYMENT FOR ADAPTATION AND TRAINING PURPOSES – it applies to individuals authorized to work in Denmark for training or adaptation purposes. These include Doctors, dentists etc.
- WORK PERMIT FOR ACCOMPANYING FAMILY MEMBERS – it permits individuals who want to stay with their partners in Denmark.
- SPECIAL INDIVIDUAL QUALIFICATIONS – it is issued to those with skills, like artists, performers, Chefs, athletes, coaches etc.
- LABOR MARKET ATTACHMENT – if you have a residence permit as a refugee or reunified family and a partner already have a residence permit, then you are eligible for this scheme.
Denmark Work Visa Requirements
- A valid passport
- Copy of your passport with blank pages
- Health insurance
- Passport-size photographs following the Schengen photo guidelines
- Proof of submitted visa fee
- Completed form of power of attorney (only applicable if you want someone to apply on your behalf)
- An employment contract
- Job offer
- Academic qualifications or diploma
- Danish authorization for the job (if required).
Denmark Work Visa Processing time
Denmark work visas can take up to 30 days to be issued or get a response from the SIRI or embassy. But for some types of visas, you can even get a response within ten days of applying.
Denmark Work Visa Cost
The application fee for the Denmark Work Visa is given below, which needs to be paid to the consulate or any embassy, and you must keep the receipt with you.
- For all types of schemes – DKK 4,405 (€591.92)
- For accompanying family member/sideline employment/employment for adaptation & training purposes – No Fees
Denmark Work Visa Duration
The validity of any Visa depends upon the contract time or a few more months. Whereas the validity of work permits for indefinite job contracts is up to 4 years. If you want to stay more than 4 years, you must apply for a work permit extension & Residence.
Family Members of the Main Applicant.
Candidates can apply for a residence permit as an accompanying family member if they already have a partner/spouse/parents living in Denmark. The application fee must be paid, which is the amount of DKK 1,615 (€210). The following documents need to be submitted;
- Proof of paid Visa fee
- Copy of passport pages
- Copy of marriage certificate
- Proof of cohabitation
Application Process for Denmark Work Visa
The application process contains the first step of applying for a Danish work visa via the SIRI online website portal. This can be done by yourself, or you may grant permission to your employer to apply on your behalf. To further elaborate, the application process is given below;
- Choose any Denmark Work Visa Scheme.
- Create a case order ID
- Pay the required amount of the work visa fee.
- Gather all the visa-related documents
- Submit the application
- Take Biometrics
- Wait for a response.
Related Post: Belgium Work Visa Process 2023
If you are looking for Work opportunities in Denmark, this post is for you! This post contains all the details and requirements regarding the Denmark Work Visa process. Don’t miss it out; give it a full read and apply.
Follow us on our Twitter, Facebook Page, Instagram, & Telegram Group.