Hungary has high working and living standards, one of the many reasons expats are attracted to move there. There are a number of working opportunities available there, and applying for employment or work visas is easier than in many other Schengen countries. So, if you wish to move to Hungary for employment, don’t miss out on this post on Hungary Work Visa 2023.
In this article, I will try to elaborate on the whole process of applying for a Hungary work visa. This way, your journey to find work and visit will be more effective. Like all other countries, Hungary also requires an entry visa from expats to enter the country legally. For work purposes, foreign nationals other than Schengen nationals will require a work visa.
Therefore, I will try to maximize all the requirements and necessities one must require for the application procedure for a Hungary Work visa. I will also try to respond to all your common queries. Please read the full article so you don’t miss any important details.
Who needs a Work Visa for Hungary?
International candidates who live outside the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA) must acquire a work visa to start work there. Without a visa, you are not allowed to enter the country.
Who Doesn’t Require a Work Visa for Hungary?
People belonging to EU/EEA countries are exempted from Hungary Work Visa. But, if you intend to stay in Hungary for a long period of time, then you will need to apply for a residence permit, which is applicable to every candidate, including non-EU/EEA and EU/EEA citizens.
Why do we Need a Residence Permit?
There are the following reasons, for which you must get a residence permit;
- For the purpose of Seasonal Employment
- For the pursuit of Gainful Activity
- For Employment
- For Professional Workers
Hungary Work Visa Types
There are a few types of Work Visas that are issued according to the plans of the international candidates, and you can get any of the following once you fulfill the requirements;
- FOR EMPLOYMENT – The most common type of Hungary work visa is issued to international candidates with a job offer from any employer or company in Hungary.
- FOR PRIVATE BUSINESS –You can get a visa for your private but legal business in Hungary and work as a self-employed worker who works for the benefit of both countries.
- FOR SEASONAL WORK –The seasonal work visa is for those candidates who wish to work for a specific time period or a season. This visa will allow you to stay and move freely in Hungary.
- FOR PROFESSIONAL WORKERS – Hungary’s EU Blue card is issued for professional workers, allowing them to live and work in Hungary. But to qualify for this visa, you must be a qualified professional or have expertise in your field.
Hungary Work Visa 2023 Requirements
By submitting the following documents, you will complete the application procedure for Work Visa;
- A valid passport with a minimum of two blank pages
- Application form
- Two passport-size photographs (colored)
- Medical insurance document (with proof of EUR 30,000 available to fund your insurance)
- Proof of accommodation
- Bank statement (stating that you have enough financial resources to support your living in Hungary)
- Contract document from your employer stating your income
- The certificate of registration to a company VOEN (if self-employed)
- Reference of paid tax of last six months, from Ministry of Tax of AR
Note: You may be asked for some additional documents according to your purpose of application.
What is the processing time for a Hungary work visa?
Usually, it takes up to three months or longer for your application to be processed by the Migration Department of Hungary. Once approved, you will need to provide the resolution of the information of the employer, purpose of employment, work activities, job description, details of workplace, and employment terms.
What is the Procedure of Arrival in Hungary?
The arrival Procedure can be summed up in the following steps;
- You must register within three days of arriving in Hungary at the Regional Directorate of the jurisdiction. You must also put a reference for the location.
- Upon registration, you will receive a residence card that will allow you to move freely in the country.
- Afterwards, you can apply for a health insurance card (TAJ Card) at any local health authority near your residential area (charges applied).
- Moreover, you must notify the immigration authority after every termination of your contract with any employer and register for a new one immediately.
Hungary Work Visa Cost?
- Visa Fee – 110 EUR
What is the Validity of Hungary Work Visa?
The work visa in Hungary is valid for up to 1 or 2 years, whereas seasonal visas are valid for 6 to 12 months.
What is the Extension Process for Work Visa in Hungary?
You can extend your work visa if you wish to continue your employment in Hungary. You will be charged an amount of 95 EUR. The process can be done at the National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing Service offices. You must apply for an extension at least 30 days before your visa expiration.
Are you allowed to bring family members?
Yes, you can bring your family member on a family visa. Your family members will be allowed to study and work in Hungary on this visa.
How to apply?
- Get a job offer, apply for as many job vacancies as possible, and once offered, you can apply for an employment permit in Hungary.
- Fill out the application form of the type suitable for your employment.
- Complete all the documents.
- Submit the application. Make sure you complete all the required fields.
- Submit all the documents to any nearby embassy or consulate of Hungary in your country.
- Now, wait for the response. You will receive an email about your visa application status.
Where to find the application form?
All candidates can fill out the application form for any type of work visa on the following website;
How to submit the application form?
You can download the form via the link mentioned above. After filling it with block capitals and Roman characters, you can submit it to your nearby Hungary foreign mission (embassy/Consulate).
How to find the Embassies of Hungary?
You can find the location and address of the consulate or embassy of Hungary in your home country on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Hungary website.
Official websites: Embassies/Consulates
So, if you want to work in Hungary, you will need to go through the application process mentioned above and keep the information given above. This post will help you find your answers, and we hope it will make your process easier. GOOD LUCK!