Applications are open for the LPI Summer Internship in USA 2024. The internships are offered to undergraduate students in Planetary sciences. During the internship program, you will have an opportunity to learn from planetary sciences and discover exciting careers in planetary sciences. All Male/Female students who are enrolled in undergraduate degree programs and are interested in Planetary sciences are encouraged to go through this post and apply for the fully funded LPI Summer Intern Program.
The LPI Summer Intern program is 10 weeks; during this time, you will participate in multiple activities, including lectures and career development goals. The internship will help you gain valuable research experience in the planetary fields. You will interact with like-minded people, which will help in establishing contacts. Experience a new work environment by applying for this internship program in the United States of America.
For the 2024 session, 50 undergraduate students, including US and International students, will be awarded the LPI Internship. Students from engineering, mathematics, physical or natural sciences majors are preferred, but all eligible students will be considered. If you want to apply for the LPI Summer Intern Program 2024, we encourage you to review this post and check out all the details below.
About the LPI Summer Internship in USA 2024
The LPI (Lunar and Planetary) Institute invites applications from undergraduate students with at least 50 semester hours of credit to experience research in planetary sciences. The internship will occur at NASA Johnson Space Center or the Lunar and Planetary Institute. During the internship, interns will work on one with renowned scientists.
LPI Summer Intern Program Dates
- The 10-week LPI Internship program will run from June 3 – August 9, 2024.
- The inters will be placed at NASA Johnson Center or the Lunar and Planetary Institute (USA).
- A stipend of $8,220 to cover the costs for the duration of the program.
- A stipend of up to $1,000 to defray travel expenses.
- The internship is wholly funded through NASA’s Support for Plantery Sample Science.
- Gaining valuable research experience.
- Developing new skills.
- Work one-on-one with scientists.
- Experiencing a new working environment.
- All Nationals are eligible to apply for the LPI Internship.
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least 50 semester hours of credit.
- Students with the above fields are preferred, but all students will be considered eligible.
Note: The selection is made regardless of gender, Disability, physical appearance, race or religion.
- Scholarship, curriculum, and experience
- Career objectives and scientific interest
- Planetary Atmospheres
- Meteorites and Sample Analysis
- Lunar Science and Exploration
- Geochemistry, Petrology and Mineralogy
- Planetary Interiors and Geophysics
- Asteroids and Other Small Bodies
- Planetary Remote Sensing and Spectroscopy
- Planetary Geology and Surface Processes
- Icy Satellites
- Interplanetary Dust and Presolar Grains
- Impact Cratering
- Complete Application Form.
- 2x Reference Letters.
- Official Transcript.
- For foreign nationals, you need to proof of English Proficiency through IELTS and TOEFL.
The LPI Summer Intern Program 2024 application deadline is December 12, 2023.
How to Apply for an LPI Internship?
The application process is through the LPI Official online portal. All interested candidates must apply through the official link mentioned below:
How many times applicants can participate in the LPI Internship?
- If selected, participants can attend the program once.
Is the LPI Intern program for US Nationals?
- No Foreign nationals are also invited to submit the applications for the program.
For more FAQ, visit here