New Zealand Work Visa Process 2023 – This is the part where you might already know what a work visa is. Let’s say it is a pass/document/or a card that allows any no-resident or citizen of a country to which he/she is applying for a visa. In today’s case, if you are not a citizen of New Zealand and want to enter the country, then you will need an entry visa, whereas if you intend to start working there, then in that case, you will need a work visa for New Zealand. It’s a whole lot of processes that every foreigner has to go through.
To make things easier for you, I have gathered information from various websites and put it together to make it a complete article containing all the important information for you in one room. In this article, I will explain some of the types of New Zealand work that might suit your interest, and you can apply accordingly. For your information, let me tell you that there are almost 80 types of visas in New Zealand for work alone, most of which are country-specific, but I will only introduce you to the most common ones.
If you are interested in knowing the process and details of the New Zealand Work Visa, then read the entire article because here, I will also answer some of the common and most asked questions.
New Zealand Work Visa Process 2023 Details
- Country: New Zealand
- Eligible Nationals: International Applicants
- Category: Work Visa
Also, Check Malaysia Work Visa Process 2023
Also, Check Manaaki Scholarships in New Zealand 2023
What is New Zealand Work Visa?
A document or an approved card that gives you permission to enter New Zealand and start working there. There is a validity duration for each type of work visa; after that, every visa holder will have to leave the country or renew the visa before the expiry date.
Who Needs a New Zealand work visa?
All foreigners can apply for a work visa in New Zealand under the following conditions;
- If you have a job offer from an employer in New Zealand.
- If you have a specific purpose for working in New Zealand.
- If you want to join your partner in New Zealand.
- If you belong to a country that has a specific work scheme.
- If you are on a study visa and want to work after completing your degree program.
Types of New Zealand Work Visa 2023.
There are more than 80 types of work visas for New Zealand, and every foreigner might find something of his/her interest. But I have listed down only a few of those types, such as;
- Accredited Employer Work Visa
- Post-study Work visa
- Work to residence visa
- Family stream work visa
- Student trainee work visa
- Talent work visa
- Supplementary Seasonal Work Visa
- Long-term skills shortage visa
- Essential skills work visa
- Religious work visa
- Specific purpose or event work visa
- Working Holiday visa
- Entertainers work visa
- Business visitor visa
- Academic work visa
- Sports event visitor visa.
You can apply according to your employment and visiting plans. There are more types available on the official website of the New Zealand government. You must check out before applying for any visa.
How to Apply for New Zealand Work Visa?
For most of work visas, the application process is available online on the official website of New Zealand immigration. Still, for some types, you will need to fill in the application form you can get from any nearby embassy or online website.
Through Online Application:
- Go to the official website of New Zealand Immigration.
- Set up a Relme account for the New Zealand government.
- Gather all the required documents.
- And start the online application.
- Fill out all the required fields, and ensure you fill in original and real data.
- Now submit the application.
Some necessary supporting documents must be kept with him/her during the application process, whether online or in person. Such as;
- A valid passport
- Your photographs (must meet the requirements of (Acceptable visa photos).
- Your clean criminal records
- Good health certificates
- All documents must be translated into English
New Zealand Work Visa Processing Time
Some of the visas are new, and setting up a new timeframe of application might take time, but the following visa have different processing times;
- Accredited employer visa – 10 to 20 weekdays
- Visitor visas – 20 to 54 weekdays
- The student’s visa – 30 to 43 weekdays
- Working holiday visa – 3 to 47 weekdays
- NZeTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority) – 72 hours
New Zealand Work Visa Cost.
The visa fee is totally dependent on the region you belong to and from which country you are applying. Some of the countries and their visa costs are mentioned below;
- USA – NZD $0
- Pakistan – NZD $700
- Indonesia – NZD $700
- United Kingdom – NZD $700
- UAE – NZD $700
NOTE: This amount is applicable on the online application; it may change when you apply on paper.
You can find your country and the application fee on the official website, and you can also find out the contact details and receiving center details.
Don’t hesitate to contact your nearby embassy or consulate or visit the official website for more details.
If you are looking for work opportunities in New Zealand, then this post is something you should not miss out on. Read the complete details and requirements regarding the New Zealand work visa and apply. Best of Luck