Applications are invited for the office of the OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship Program 2024. This fellowship is going to be held in Switzerland. The fellowship invites Indigenous people from around the world to come and join hands with other fellow members and learn something new about human rights.
OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship Program welcomes all potential and enthusiastic candidates who wish to work for the rights of human and their development. The fellowship aims to bring forth people from different backgrounds and give them knowledge about the work and ethics of the United Nations (UN) institutions. This way, you will learn how to protect and give rights to deserving people.
The OHCHR (United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights) Indigenous Fellowship is a fully funded program that will support all the candidates throughout their educational journey. This fellowship is available in five different languages, including; English, Russian, French, Portuguese, and Spanish. Therefore, it is easily accessible to many people from different backgrounds.
The duration of the OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship Program is four weeks. The training of the fellows will take place in Geneva, Switzerland. You will get the opportunity to learn from experts. So, if you are interested in working with the team members of the United Nations, then apply for this amazing opportunity and read the whole article for more details.
OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship Program 2024 Details
- Country: Geneva, Switzerland.
- Host: OHCHR (United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights)
- Degree level: Undergraduate
- Type: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 30th September 2023.
Also, Check: Lester B. Pearson Scholarships in Canada 2024
The Indigenous Fellowship Program offered by OHCHR will provide the following benefits to the selected fellows:
- Living expenses coverage
- Return Air tickets
- Basic health insurance coverage for the duration of the fellowship program.
- You can attend the Fellowship in any of the available five languages.
- You can apply from any background.
- You get a chance to explore Switzerland.
To be eligible for the Indigenous Fellowship Program by OHCHR, all candidates must read and fulfil the following criteria;
- You can apply in any age.
- You must be an Indigenous candidate.
- You can even apply without any formal education.
- You must be willing to educate other Indigenous people after the completion of the fellowship program.
- You can apply in any language.
- You must have a good understanding of the language you choose to study.
How to Apply for the OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship?
To apply for the Indigenous Fellowship Program, all candidates must have to;
- Apply online.
- Download the application form.
- Fill in all the required fields.
- Sign the part 1 and 2 of the forms.
- And submit the form at the given address.
Mr. Morse Caoagas Flores
Coordinator, Indigenous Fellowship Programme
Indigenous Peoples and Minorities Section
Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
48, Avenue Giuseppe-Motta, Office 2-05
CH-1211 Geneva 10
Also, Check: Russian Government Scholarships 2024
What is the duration of the Fellowship Program?
The duration of the fellowship is four weeks.
What is the medium of instruction of the Fellowship Program?
The medium of instruction is in five languages;
Do we need a recommendation letter?
All application forms must be accompanied by an official recommendation letter from the nominating indigenous organization or community.
So, if you are an Indigenous candidate and want to fight for Human rights, then take this opportunity to work with the United Nations and gain knowledge about the UN system and mechanisms dealing with human rights issues in general and indigenous issues in particular.
Official website: OHCHR Fellowship Program 2024