Singapore Work Visa Process 2023 – Are you looking for a work opportunity in Singapore? If Yes! Today we bring you a chance to work with the system, with great opportunities, high salaries, and much more. Singapore is ranked as the 2nd most beautiful country in the world. Singapore attracts a great number of foreigners each year. Today in this post, we will discuss the Singapore Work Visa types and application process; all the candidates who want to settle in Singapore are encouraged to go through this post and read all the details, and apply for the work visa.
The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) Singapore stated that over 1.3 million foreign workers joined the workforce of Singapore in 2018. Every country provides work visas for their employees. Singapore also offers Jobs and work visas for the jobs. The work permit in Singapore is called Pass. All the candidates interested in working in Canada must obtain a Work Pass.
Singapore consists of different types of work visas, depending on the job position you are applying for. Don’t worry; we will discuss all sorts of passes in this post below, so stay with us, read the full post, and apply accordingly.
Singapore Work Visa Process 2023 Details
- Country: Singapore
- Eligible Countries: International Students
- Program: Singapore Work Visa
Also, Check Germany Work Visa Process 2023
Types of Singapore Work Pass (visa).
The Work Passes of Singapore are divided into the following types;
- Work Visas for trainees and students.
- Work visas for professionals.
- Short-term work passes.
- Work Visas for Skilled and Semi-skilled workers.
#1. Singapore Work visas for Professionals.
In this category, you can acquire a work visa if you are a professional worker. These are divided into the following types;
- Employment Pass is available to foreign executives, managers, and professionals. You can make at least $3,600 a month.
- Personalized Employment Pass is available to high-earning foreigners or current Employment Pass holders. This Pass is more flexible than others.
- Entrepass – this Pass is available to entrepreneurs or investors who want to start a business in Singapore.
#2. Work Visas for Semi-Skilled and Skilled workers.
Semi-skilled and skilled workers can apply for the following Passes of Singapore. Such as;
- S Pass – this Pass is available to mid-level skilled workers who will receive at least $2300 per month. Foreign worker quotas and levies applicable.
- Work Permit for Foreign Workers – this Pass is available only to international workers from certain countries. This worker will only be allowed to work in certain sectors such as; manufacturing, construction, and process of the services sector. Levy and foreign worker quotas are applicable.
- Work Permit for Foreign Domestic Workers (FDW) – This Pass is available to Cambodia, Bangladesh, India, Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Macau workers. The age should be between 23-50 years.
- Work Permit for Confinement Nanny – this Pass is available to Malaysian nannies who can pay a foreign worker levy. This is a 16-week Pass.
- Work Permit for Performing Artists – this Pass is available to artists who want to perform in Singapore. The performances will be in locations like bars, outlets, hotels, and nightclubs. Levy and foreign worker quotas are applicable.
#3. Singapore Work Visas for trainees and students.
These work visas of Singapore are available for students or trainees who want to study in Singapore. Such as;
- Training Employment Pass – this Pass is available to foreign trainees who want to get training; it trains in Singapore. It is a 3-month Pass. Levy and foreign worker quotas are not applicable.
- Work Holiday Pass – this Pass is available to those staying in Singapore under the Working Holiday program. Countries include; France, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, Japan, Hong Kong, the UK, the US, and Germany. The age must be between 18-25. This Pass lasts six months. You can achieve it only once in your life.
- Training Work Permit – this Pass is available to semi-skilled and unskilled international students or trainees who want to undergo training in Singapore. It is six month Pass.
#4. Short-term Work Passes.
All foreign workers who want to visit Singapore in the short term can apply for this Pass. Journalists and Speakers at public events can apply for a Miscellaneous Work Pass. It is a 60 days pass.
How to Apply for Singapore Work Pass (work visa)?
For a work visa, every candidate must need a job first; then, they can apply for a work visa.
You can ask your Employment agency or employer for a work visa or work Pass. You can issue your work visa via EP Online. This application service can be found in the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).
Follow the easy steps for the application process.
- Find a Job in Singapore
- Your employer will issue a work visa or pass for you.
- Your employer will receive an In-Principle Approval letter. Which will be later used to enter the application.
- If your Pass is approved, you will be notified.
- You must register at the Employment Pass Service Centre within two months.
- Within four working days, you will receive your working pass.
Today in this post we have discussed all the details regarding the Singapore Work Visa for Foreigners. Candidates seeking career opportunities in Singapore must go through this post and check the requirements and application process for the Work Visa. We hope this post was helpful to you, Best of Luck!