UK Work Visa Process 2023 – Welcoming all of you here with the intention of easing up all your confusion regarding the UK work visa process. So, if you are on this webpage, then you must know that every expat needs a work visa in order to do legal work in the United Kingdom. Otherwise, no one is allowed to enter the premises of the UK. Therefore, we hope this post will give you more details about such work visas and their types.
Keep yourself updated with the latest opportunities and processes at youth opportunity. So, the summary of this article is as follows;
- What is a Tier 2 UK work visa?
- What are the eligibility criteria for a work visa?
- What are the documents required for a work visa?
- What is the processing time for a work visa in the UK time?
- What is the validity of a work visa?
- How to Apply for a work visa?
- Are there any types of UK Work visas?
- What is the cost of a UK Work visa?
Let’s start with answering all of the above-mentioned questions.
What is a Tier 2 UK work visa?
The Tier 2 (General) work visa used to be assigned to skilled foreign workers. It has now been replaced with the Skilled Worker Visa of the UK. It allows all skilled (professionals) workers to enter the United Kingdom and work there. The duration of this visa is 5 years and is also extendable.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for a Work Visa?
The general eligibility criteria for all UK work visas are given below. All candidates who would want to apply for a UK Work visa will need to fulfill the following criteria;
All candidates must be adult qualified healthcare professionals if they want to apply for the Healthcare sector opportunities.
- All candidates must have a sponsorship certificate indicating their employment offer from their employer.
- All candidates are only eligible to work if they have an approved employer from Home-office.
- All candidates must have a confirmed employment offer before applying for a work visa.
- All candidates can only do the job that is available in eligible occupations.
- All candidates must have a minimum paid salary related to the job type.
- All candidates must be fluent in English speaking and writing.
What are the Documents Required for a Work Visa?
The following documents must be presented to the embassy or consulate in order to get a work visa of the UK,
- A valid passport.
- Certificate of sponsorship from your employer
- Job title
- Salary details
- English language Proficiency scores
- Medical Test results
- Name of employer and sponsor license number.
- Certificate of a clean criminal record.
- Job occupation code
- Bank statements.
- Evidence of investment funds.
- Proof of your relationship
What is the processing time for a UK Work Visa?
It takes up to 3 to 11 weeks for the work visa to be processed. But the time differs with the type of work visa. Some visas are processed early, while some may take more time.
What is the Validity of a Work Visa?
There are different types of work visas. Hence, the validity of work visas in the United Kingdom varies from 3 to 6 months and up to 3 to 5 years.
Are there any types of UK Work Visa?
There are different types of work visas, and these visas are assigned to the candidates in accordance with their eligibility and qualifications. These visas depend on the duration of the work and stay program in the UK. The work visa types are as follows;
Long-term & Short-term Work Visa Duration:
You can stay for up to 3 -5 years in the United Kingdom if you have a long-term work visa, whereas the short-term work visa allows you to stay for up to 6 to 12 months.
- Long-term UK Work Visa:
- International Sportsperson Visa
- Healthcare Worker Visa
- Specialist Worker Visa
- Ministry of Religion Visa
- Skilled Worker Visa
- Scale up Worker Visa
- Short-term UK Work Visa:
- Charity Worker Visa
- International Agreement Visa
- Religious Worker Visa
- Graduate Visa
- Seasonal Worker Visa
- Youth Mobility Scheme Visa
- Graduate Trainee Visa
- Other types of UK work visas:
- Start-up Visa
- Global Talent Visa
- Innovator Visa
What is the cost of a UK Work visa?
The cost of applying for a British work visa differs for long and short-term visas. Such as;
- The long-term visa – £232 to £1,418
- Short-term visas – £259
UK Work Visa Process 2023?
The process of application is online for UK Work, but all applicants will need to visit the visa application Centre for their Biometrics.
Also, Check: Australia Work Visa Process 2023