The University of Waikato Masters Scholarship 2023 – Today is your chance to avail yourself of the most awaited opportunity of the year. Apply immediately for the University of Waikato Research Masters Scholarships and complete your Master’s thesis at the University of Waikato. You can choose from two available rounds; the end in April, and the second round will end in October. You have plenty of time to prepare for this great opportunity and fund your research program.
This Scholarship aims to help out outstanding and potential students who have started their research thesis at the University of Waikato but need financial assistance. You can apply for this Scholarship no matter what your academic discipline is.
In this article, we will explain the requirements of this Scholarship that one must fulfill to be eligible for the program. You will also find all the details related to the scholarship program. Please read the entire article for more elaborated information.
University of Waikato Masters Scholarship 2023 Details
- Country: New Zealand
- Host University: University of Waikato
- Degree level: Research Masters
- Category: Scholarships
- Duration: 12 months
- Application Deadline: 30th April 2023
Also, Check: University of Birmingham Masters Scholarship 2023
Also, Check: GKS South Korean Government Scholarship 2023
University of Waikato Scholarship Benefits
The University of Waikato offers Scholarships to research Masters students and also provides the following benefits;
- The scholarship amount of $15,000.
- The value of the Scholarship also depends on the points and type; for example, students who are enrolled as full-time students in a 120-point thesis will get $15,000.
- Students enrolled in 90 points thesis will get a scholarship amount of $12,000.
- Students will also get a $5,500 tuition fee for the Master’s program.
- You will get an amount of $6,500 or $9,500 in monthly installments.
- Students will also be awarded pro-rata payments if their thesis is spread over 18 months of study Duration. The thesis enrolment must be at least 60 points.
- Students enrolled as part-time students in 60 points thesis will receive $5,500 credited to the tuition fee.
- If the study program exceeds 12 months, then some or all payments will be adjusted according to the research program.
To avail of this scholarship program at the University of Waikato, you will need to fulfill the following criteria;
- All applicants must be enrolled in a full-time Master’s degree with a thesis of 90 or 120 points.
- Applicants must have potential contact with their supervisors for the Master’s thesis.
- All applicants must have yet to apply for this Scholarship.
- International students can also apply for the Scholarship if they have completed at least 120 points of study at New Zealand University.
- The Citizens of New Zealand, Permanent residents of NZ, resident class visa of NZ, or Australian citizens are eligible to apply for the Scholarship.
- Applicants who have already started their thesis are also eligible to apply.
- If you intend to enroll or plan to enroll as a part-time student, you are also eligible to apply for the Scholarship.
- Applicants with a minimum grade average of ‘A-‘are eligible to apply.
- Applicants with some experience will be preferred.
- Those students will be preferred who don’t have any other scholarship funding and want to start a master’s research program.
Terms and Conditions:
- All applicants must accept the Scholarship within the allotted dates. Otherwise, the Scholarship will be canceled.
- All applicants must complete their thesis in 12 months. Dispensation is possible only in certain circumstances.
- If you want to change your Thesis points/suspension/ or full-time to part-time or vice versa, you must contact them and seek approval from the Variation Request form.
- Changes in enrolment can result in changes in the value of the Scholarship.
- If you increase the thesis points after the Scholarship is provided will not be entertained with additional scholarship value.
- After accepting the Scholarship, you must read all the policies and conditions and accept it.
- The Selection Panel has full rights to terminate your scholarship program under unusual circumstances.
The selection process takes place in the following few steps;
- The Scholarship Committee of the University of Waikato will process the applications.
- Then the application is ranked according to the type of research.
- All rankings are then approved by the dean/PVC.
- After that, the Selection Panel will consider the rankings and propose recipients over meetings.
- The scholarship executives then assess the proposed recipients.
- After that, the Selection Panel makes the final decisions.
The last date for submitting an application for the Waikato University scholarship is 30th April 2023.
Related Post: New Zealand Work Visa Process 2023
University of Waikato Scholarship Application Process
The round 2 application will end in April, so you must start enrolling.
You must provide the name of the supervisor of your thesis program at the University of Waikato on the online application.
The students must also submit the following important documents;
- Personal statement
- A CV of A4 pages (2Pages)
- Proof of financial hardship
- Study plan
- Future career plans
- Any significant achievements
Students are also required to request an academic reference from their supervisor or member of the academic staff at the University at which they achieved the qualification that describes their eligibility to enter the Master’s program.
For more details & the application process for the University of Waikato scholarship, visit the official link below;
Waikato Scholarship Official Link
Today we discussed the requirements and application process for the Master’s scholarship in New Zealand for international students. We hope this post will be helpful for the students who are looking for a Postgraduate degree program in New Zealand.
Read all the given details and apply for the opportunity. For more exciting programs, follow us on:
Follow us on our Twitter, Facebook Page, Instagram, & Telegram Groups.