US Study Visa Process 2023 – If you are planning to Study in the U.S.A., then there are a few steps that you have to keep in mind before leaving. Whether you go for study or work purposes, you will require a visa permit to enter the desired country same is the case in the U.S.A.; if you are about to enter the U.S.A. country, you will need to show your visa permit. Therefore, we have gathered all the related information regarding U.S. Study Visas for all international candidates who want to pursue education in the U.S.A.
For education purposes, you are required to request a study visa. Every year, hundreds of students belonging from different countries come to study in the U.S.A. and go through the same visa application process. To make it easier for you, we have created this post in which you will learn the procedure of applying for a U.S. Study Visa 2022-2023.
If you are planning to pursue your education in the United States, we encourage you to go through this post and check the details regarding the U.S.A. Student Visa; we have listed all the details in this post. What are you waiting for? Scroll down and read the given details.
US Study Visa Process 2023 Details
- Country: United States of America
- Eligible Countries: Foreigners
- Post for: U.S. Student Visa
Summary of US Study Visa Application Process
- Go through the purpose of going to the U.S.
- Select the type of U.S. visa according to your plans.
- Fill out the non-immigrant visa application form number DS-160.
- Submit the application fee.
- Prepare for visa interview.
- Gather all your necessary documents.
- Go for the interview call.
- Now, wait for the application process to be completed.
Types of U.S. Study Visa 2022-2023.
There are generally the following types of U.S. Study Visas, such as;
#1. F-1 visa.
It is the most common type of study visa for all those international candidates who want to study at schools recognized by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program in the United States (S.E.V.P.). It is a non-immigrant visa type. The validity of the study visa depends on the duration of the program which has been applied.
#2. M-1 visa.
It is also a non-immigrant visa that permits you to stay in the U.S.A for non-educational purposes. On this type of visa, you can acquire vocational or non-academic training. The U.S. Department of State will grant you an M-1 visa if you get an offer to acquire vocational training at any community or junior college for 12 semesters or at least a quarter-hour.
To apply for the U.S. Study Visa, you can follow the given easy steps;
- STEP-1 – Apply six months before the S.E.V.P.-approved school.
- STEP-2 – Pay the application fee for the S.E.V.P. form.
- STEP-3 – Submit the U.S. student visa application along with recent photographs.
- STEP-4 – submit the fee for the U.S. Study Visa cost.
- STEP-5 – Wait for the interview call.
S.E.V.P. School Application:
All international candidates are suggested to find schools or universities that S.E.V.P. approves. You will be provided with the paperwork needed for the U.S. Study Visa application process by the University /college. All selected students will be enrolled in the S.E.V.I.S. (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) and will be given a SEVIS-generated document Of I-20.
You must submit the fees for S.E.V.I.S. three days before filing the application form.
- The cost of the I-901 is $200 for F/M visa holders.
- The cost of the I-901 is $180 for J visa holders.
Don’t forget to print out the receipt of payment. You will need to show it as evidence of payment during the application process.
DS-160 Online visa application:
All international candidates who will apply for U.S. Study Visa are required to submit a DS-160 form online. To apply, you need to have the following things:
- D.O.B. with name.
- Contact, email, and address details.
- If you have ever visited the U.S., you will need to provide the details of your previous visits.
- Passport information page copy
- Point of Contact in the U.S.A.
- Details of family employment and school details.
- Information on security background, medical Health Insurance etc.
- You are also required to upload a recent photograph in the photo section of the application form.
Submit the mentioned documents below, if you want to apply for F or M study visa, such as;
- Non-immigrant visa electronic application form (DS-160)
- A passport with a validity of over six months.
- A recent photograph of size 2″ x2″ (5cmx5cm).
- Receipt of non-immigrant application form fee payment.
- 10-year travel records.
- A form of I-20 from your recognized university/college.
- Names of siblings/children.
Preps for U.S. Study Visa
Appearing for an interview call from the U.S. embassy is the last step in applying for a U.S. Study Visa. To be well prepared for the interview call, you must consider the following things;
- A passport with six months validity.
- SEVIS form I-20 and DS-160.
- R.V. fee payment confirmation receipt
- E.V.I.S. fee receipt.
- DS-160 application confirmation sheet with barcode or scan code.
- A copy of the Interview appointment schedule letter from the U.S. embassy.
So this was all about the U.S. Student Visa for international students; I hope this post is helpful for you people to apply for the U.S.A. student visa. If you are planning to pursue your education career in the United States, don’t skip this post; read all the given details and apply for a U.S. student visa.
Our platform, Youth Opportunity, shares multiple opportunities on its platform don’t forget to visit us.