USA Work Visa Types 2023 – All international candidates who belong to developing countries or countries with fewer employment rates try to move to the US (United States) or any other developed country to start their earnings and work because of its high salaries and excellent working environment. So, when you plan to travel abroad, you are required to have a work visa to enter the country and start your work there. It is a sort of pass that allows non-native or international candidates to enter the country and work there.
In this blog, we will try to explain the application process and types of US work visas. Basically, there are two ways of acquiring a permit, such as;
- Temporary employee
- Permanent/sponsored employee.
So, when you apply for a temporary employee work visa, you will make a request for US non-immigrant work visa. Whereas, if you want to work as a permanent employee, you will need an immigrant visa.
Today we will answer some of your common questions related to the US work visa process. Some questions arise, for instance;
What is a US work visa?
The US work visa is an entry pass for all international candidates to enter the country and start working there.
What is a US temporary Work Visa?
As the title suggests, the US temporary work visa allows international candidates to enter the country on a temporary basis or for a specified period of time. You cannot stay in the country after the completion of your work visa period. The period of validity of your work visa must be mentioned in your visa application or employment contract.
USA Work Visa Types 2023
To make it more clear for all of you, I have mentioned all the US work visa types that are suitable to your employment and work desires.
- You will require a Specialty occupation visa if you have a degree in higher education and want to work as a government-to-government research and development employee.
- If you have a post-secondary degree with at least four years of study in the specialization field and want to work in Specialty Occupation, then you will require an H1B1 visa.
- This type of visa is for those international candidates who want to work temporarily in the USA or for seasonal work.
- If you want to visit the USA on a temporary basis and work in Non-agricultural fields, then you will require an H-2B visa.
- If you want to attend a training program other than medical or academic, then you are required to have an H-3 visa.
- Candidates who want to work in the media or information sector, then you are required to have an I visa.
- If you want to work for a branch or parent company that is outside of your country and exist in the USA, then you will need the L1 work visa.
- If you are a member of an Entertainment Group or Team Athlete and want to travel to the USA for the purpose of performance and competition, then you will need a P-1 visa.
- If you want to work in an exchange program between your country and USA, then you will need a P-2 visa.
- To teach, perform, or coach under a program that is new in folk, cultural, traditional ethnic, musical, theatrical, or artistic performance then, you will need a P-3 visa.
- If you are a preacher or a minister or have religious obligations and want to work in a religious organization, then you will need an R-1 visa.
- If you are an engineer, lawyer, or scientist and want to work in the USA, then you will need to apply for a TN visa.
- This type of work visa is for those who show extraordinary skills in the field of education, science, business, athletics or art, etc.
Application Procedure for US work visa.
To be eligible for the US work visa, you will need to have the following three things with you before applying, such things are:
- A job offer – to be able to apply for a US work visa, you must have a job offer from the USA.
- USCIS – to be eligible for the work visa, your employer will need to submit a petition for a Non-immigrant worker with USCIS. After the approval of your permit, you will be able to apply for a US work visa.
- Labor Certification approval by the Department of Labor (DOL) – Some of the visas, including All H types, require a certificate from DOL. The employer will make this request on your behalf of you.
Required Documents for US work visa
- A valid passport
- US visa photo
- The receipt number mentioned on your Non-immigrant worker form.
- A confirmation form (DS-160 Form)
- All the receipts prove you have submitted the application fee.
- Proof that you will return to your country after the expiration of your work visa.
To know more about the required documents, please contact your local US Embassy.
Application Process for US Work visa
To apply for a US work visa, you need to follow the few steps given below;
- Complete the online application form for a non-immigrant visa (DS-160) and print the confirmation page. Answers must be in the English language.
- Schedule your interview. You might not need an interview call if you are below 13 years old or above 80 years old.
- Attend the interview.
- Complete additional procedures such as; digital fingerprints.
Cost of US work visa application form;
You will need to submit the amount of $190 for the US work visa application form. There might also be additional charges, which you will need to confirm from your local US Embassy.
Most of the candidates are confused about the USA work visa, so today, we decided to make a post regarding the USA work visa types and application requirements; we hope this blog will be helpful for the people who are looking for US work visas,